Saturday, November 12, 2005

Movement


It is funny how the Lord slips in on you. This has been a crazy semester, as evidenced in part by my lack of posting! This week, as I was trying to catch up on some work that had been due the previous day, my heart began to ache. It was a physical ache that I'd felt before when the Holy Spirit had been working deeply on me. It seemed a quite strange time for Him to be working deeply. I was just sitting on the couch reading for class. I had carved out time every day to be with the Lord, but it seemed He wanted to show me his deep work outside of that time. I had also been working on a new painting (well, really I just had a piece of canvas tacked to the wall) and after the moment I felt the ache in my heart, I knew I needed to start drawing it out. So, I did. He created connections in several areas of my life that I knew He had been working, all in those few moments of unexpected creativity and intimacy with Him.

I don't know why He chose to reveal himself at that time, and in that way. Maybe so I would more fully realize that nothing I can do can make Him move. He is moving because He loves me. Ironically, I think it was a time when he could truly get my attention.

2 comments:

Emily Lauren Steed said...

thats really awesome! cant wait til friday!

Michel said...

Shannon, it still continues to hold true... you are my favorite artist... even above Michelangelo... this painting is absolutely inspired... Plus, I've noticed you palatte has changed... do you know why?